FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Chloramine is not removed by sitting open. The chlorine - ammonia bond must be broken first. Almost all municipalities use chloramine now because it is more stable requiring less to maintain water quality.

"Tap Water Conditioner" from the pet store takes care of it. 1 drop per gallon for chlorine and 3 drops per gallon for chloramine.

Amen. Don't even eat the meat from the store if you can possibly avoid it....it's all tainted in some way or another.
tongue.gif

In fact liver only directs toxins to other parts of the body, most notably adipose deposits (fat). The liver itself does not accumulate toxins. I only eat grass fed meat and offal, and I am convinced that a high fat diet is best for the human body, but if you want to stay away from toxins in store meat, the best strategy is to buy lean cuts, which may include liver. Of course it is only a partial solution since fat is one of the two main reasons why we eat meat in the first place (and lean meat is also poor in collagen...).

Liver, at least, has nutrition far exceeding muscle, including vitamin A and B12 which are an issue for a large fraction of the population. I eat it once a week for prevention.

Okay, these guys are trying to sell you something, but the first page has a decent layman's guide to how the liver does it's job.

http://healthfree.com/guide-to-liver-cleansing-detox-1.html

Basically, the gist is that it doesn't store/accumulate toxins--it processes and excretes them. If it is overwhelmed, then the toxin stays in the blood (mostly) until the liver has a chance to deal with it. glib is right in that some fat-soluable toxins do end up trapped in adipose tissues.

Think of it in terms of alcohol. When you indulge, the alcohol (being a toxin :)) is first absorbed into the blood by the intestines. The blood passes through the liver where some of it is transformed, but not all of it...which is why you get a "buzz" as the excess alcohol reaches the brain. If you stop imbibing, eventually the liver is able to process all the alcohol in your blood. It doesn't "store" the alcohol within itself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom