Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

My dogs also eat chicken FF.. I have to watch that they don't do it too much, as I'm sure it's not great for them. The dry isn't good for them, but the wet is just so enticing and they like the taste, so they go for it where they ignored the dry chicken food.
This is the main reason that my DH wanted us to try the FF for our dog. She keeps going into the coop and eating the chicken's FF.

This is the main reason that my DH wanted us to try the FF for our dog. She keeps going into the coop and eating the chicken's FF.
Crazy dogs.
lol.png

If I spill any, she cleans it up. I'm thankful for that part.

Crazy dogs.
lol.png

If I spill any, she cleans it up. I'm thankful for that part.
My dachshunds love the ff, I keep it inside in the hall and when I spill it they are right there for clean up, but I wouldn't want them to eat much, they might not be able to go through the doggie door.
roll.png

Okay I have a question, I drilled my holes larger today and added some new ones. put the ff back in added more feed and scratch added more warm water, now I don't want my ff to be mushy so I didn't add alot of water just enough to moisten the new f/g I added, not much has gone through the holes to the outer bucket, should there be alot of water there or is it okay for there not to be . in other words there is just a smidge of water in the bottom of the outer bucket and even if more drains out it won't be much. Do I have to add enough water so it will come into the holes into the ff? I'm confused, when watching aoxa video it looked like there was quite a bit of water in the bucket coming into the ff. I hope I haven't confused anyone else.

I've been confused all along. Everyone is raving about the FF, but every time I try my flock on FF, they get loose stools, very watery. I've tried the 2 bucket system, and let it drain 30min or more. I've also tried mixing it very dry, but then I'm not sure it's fermenting (no bubbles). No matter what mix I use, it's too wet. After I stop the FF their stools go back to normal again. I've tried the FF 3 times now and have been unsuccessful each time. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom