Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Thank you, this is very good to know. Can you tell I've never made moonshine? At least now I know that my hens won't get drunk and cause a ruckus.
OH they'll still cause a ruckus. They'll be totally sober, though.
wink.png

Since we're on the topic of dogs and them eating stomach contents...

Reminds me of my poodle. She is one disgusting dog lol.

I had a cat that would eat so fast and then regurgitate. She was first on scene. Pre moistened cat food.
sickbyc.gif
I had dogs on a race yesterday. I gave them the bacon/hamburger grease on their food. All three were eating so fast they were gagging. The 1st one ate her own mess, #2 kept it in her bowl, # 3 left the room cleaned her own but dog # 1 ran to #3's bowl to finish the rest
lau.gif

I had dogs on a race yesterday. I gave them the bacon/hamburger grease on their food. All three were eating so fast they were gagging. The 1st one ate her own mess, #2 kept it in her bowl, # 3 left the room cleaned her own but dog # 1 ran to #3's bowl to finish the rest
lau.gif
ROFL!! That has to be one of the grossest things EVAH!!!
gig.gif

Thanks for all the pics on the trough setups. Those are very helpful. I think I am going to try something like that for meat birds this year. I dunno about my laying flock, I kinda like the vertical feeders I have now.

I've posted pictures of my FF dishes before. They are plastic mud pans from the hardware store. I drill drainage holes in the bottom.
Asked my husband to build me a holder for them to get them above my deep litter and he built this out of a scrap of board.

The dishes pop out easily for cleaning. Easy peasy. I dump the FF in and don't worry about straining or draining.

QUESTION FF is really messing my silkies face head feathers, suggestions please? they really love it, but the gals have bob marely do frozen in place right now!! And should I wash them? so afraid its still cold!! I dont think it will hurt them like that, but it has to be annoying dangling in shreads at their faces!

QUESTION FF is really messing my silkies face head feathers, suggestions please? they really love it, but the gals have bob marely do frozen in place right now!! And should I wash them? so afraid its still cold!! I dont think it will hurt them like that, but it has to be annoying dangling in shreads at their faces!
I am looking forward to my silkies having messsy faces...10 days left!! Go Go silkie eggs!!

If it get to bad, and if you are not showing..cut them off. I think many trim silkie faces, it also helps with vision I am told. I think the weather will be nicee when my silkies have enough face feathers to worry about it. Next winter I will be crying about frozen feathers and FF.

Back
Top Bottom