Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

garlic and pumpkin/squash seeds are also helpful for worms. oregano is a good health boost. there has been good research about using oil of oregano in feed as an alternative to constant antibiotics in commercial broiler flocks. It's a nice immune booster, I add to to the bucket once a week. there's an excellent article on herbs and their uses for chickens here: http://naturalchickenkeeping.blogspot.com/2013/05/herbs-and-their-uses-for-your-chickens.html
Love the link. Thanks
smile.png

After reading this thread i am on my third batch of feed for my chickens and tuckey. They love it no getting used tp they juss dog roght in! Might i say our English Mastiff loves it too!

Just got my first set of meat birds. They were hesitant about the fermented feed at first, but I used the trick I learned on here of sprinkling a little crumble on it, and they are INHALING it. Good deal. We'll see how this goes! It's going to be an adventure!

I know this is a crazy question, but I am fermenting grains for our pigs and chickens and then adding in each specific dry mix of sprouts, fish meal, etc. to the ff. My question is does anyone make their own dog feed? Our dogs love licking the bowls after we feed the chicks and pigs. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom