Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

I know somebody that might could tell you about that.
wink.png
It's something I would likely never use but I would be very interesting to know HOW. Knowledge is a good thing. lol

My friend, now knows as DR. Ruby Dao Mong, truly enlightened me. His grand parents were from the Mainland and Mong was taught by 'gramps'.

So...please tell.

It's something I would likely never use but I would be very interesting to know HOW.  Knowledge is a good thing.  lol  

My friend, now knows as DR. Ruby Dao Mong, truly enlightened me.  His grand parents were from the Mainland and Mong was taught by 'gramps'.

So...please tell.  

Capons and poulards are so controversial it can become a HOT topic. I've never done it myself but I'm not so against it.

I would have to stay away from the bar scene but if folks who bought eggs wanted to buy pickled eggs too, sounds like a few more dollars to put on the feed bill to me.

There are Oriental restaurants of different kinds scattered around my area and a college or two. That has got me thinking about Silkies too. lol I think I will do some checking around and see if there is a demand. It would be nice for a hobby to make a little cash. Silkies... ohhh boy. lol
You might put up notes at the college bulletin boards...Frat boys might LOVE pickled eggs with their beer busts...Just a thought!!! lol

It's something I would likely never use but I would be very interesting to know HOW. Knowledge is a good thing. lol

My friend, now knows as DR. Ruby Dao Mong, truly enlightened me. His grand parents were from the Mainland and Mong was taught by 'gramps'.

So...please tell.

It is talked about on this thread towards the last 10ish pages I believe bcmareniac (may not have spelled that right) is the one doing the most experimenting w/ poulardizing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/675898/graphic-pics-of-my-day-learning-to-caponize

Ooops forgot the link.

Last edited:
Hello Peter!!!
barnie.gif
I haven't invested any brain cells into genetics since I have so few left, and now I know why!!!

LOL! My local contact agrees it would work, but in my case, I'd be trying for more Orp type, less Marans, so would need to go back to the Lav at least once. Some day, when I've got an acre to devote to a pretty meat bird. Now, if you want more Lav Marans, you should be able to go back to your Marans with your F1 and also do a bro/sis mating to take back to the ones you get from mating F1 back to the Marans... You'll need a map on a big barn wall, really. <sigh> Why do we always gotta mess with stuff? It's almost a requirement, though. I think I'd go totally loony if I could not play games like this! :)
-AG

It is talked about on this thread towards the last 10ish pages I believe bcmareniac (may not have spelled that right) is the one doing the most experimenting w/ poulardizing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/675898/graphic-pics-of-my-day-learning-to-caponize

Ooops forgot the link.
I'm on page 8, going to read the whole thing. Very interesting and in depth photography, thanks to Kassaundra. While I already know how to caponize a cockerel, I did learn something! ICE. Of Course. I'm thinking of trying dry ice to hasten the cooling...

Thanks again!!!!!!!

I'm on page 8, going to read the whole thing. Very interesting and in depth photography, thanks to Kassaundra. While I already know how to caponize a cockerel, I did learn something! ICE. Of Course. I'm thinking of trying dry ice to hasten the cooling...

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Your welcome, we cover all kinds of topics, some worked some didn't. I didn't remember the ice, might need to go back and re read I don't think any of us are currently using ice, that leads me to believe it may not have been that successful?????

LOL! My local contact agrees it would work, but in my case, I'd be trying for more Orp type, less Marans, so would need to go back to the Lav at least once. Some day, when I've got an acre to devote to a pretty meat bird. Now, if you want more Lav Marans, you should be able to go back to your Marans with your F1 and also do a bro/sis mating to take back to the ones you get from mating F1 back to the Marans... You'll need a map on a big barn wall, really. <sigh> Why do we always gotta mess with stuff? It's almost a requirement, though. I think I'd go totally loony if I could not play games like this! :)
-AG
You are making me dizzy......kinda like having too much sugar!! I have the one lavender Roo, and a hatchmate hen....plus a line in with the breeder of the Marans and the LO. So I could get the stock to do it with. I think she even has Birchen Marans. It would be nice to see what kind of meat bird I could get with that......could caponize and poulardize the culls.....hmmmm.......
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom