Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Thought ya'll might enjoy the video in this article. Just goes to show how intelligent chicken really are !

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/...prfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

Is this not cute? I shared on my facebook.
gig.gif

Here in Buffalo,ny it's just another day........girls were out walking thru snow to get to their old run. Temps in the teens & windchills -10. Girls are all starting to lay again. I have 4 out of 8 laying now :D

WBF, how's Rodney's comb doing in all this new cold weather?  I'm hoping the CO is keeping him well.  

Hi Bee... Rod's comb is no worse for the wear. His tips are pretty much all yellow now and I see he has lost one tip near the back of his comb. He has had no further frostbite damage in this latest bout of cold weather so I think that CO is doing the trick. He'll likely lose most of his tips as they are yellowish and quite hard to the touch but no oozing or signs of infection so that's a bonus !

We had it brutally cold here this past week with blizzard warnings for about 3 days straight. It has gotten up into the high 30's here today and a little rain. The temps supposed to drop back again tomorrow with another cold spell. Rod and his harem were out today enjoying the warm weather - it's the first time they have poked their heads outta their coop since Tuesday ! Darn spoiled brats :gig

That's good to know! I've been using the CO for various things and finding it amazingly effective! Wish I had known about all this years ago. My mother even got in on trying it out after seeing what I've been doing with it. She has a sore on her leg that just won't heal and it's always red and tender, so she picks at it. She put some CO on it this morning and she said it no longer hurts even when she runs her hands over it and some of the redness has subsided.

I need to get up in the coop one night soon and put some more on my oldest hens' feet as their ankles look a little swollen and uncomfortable looking. It really helped with that the last time I applied it to them and has kept them well for many months since. Time for a new dose.

I just lost my sympathy for you Texans. I felt a little bad because I know you guys can't deal with snow.
Here let me make it worse, yesterday the kids and I stayed home for a "snow day" and had a blast! Today, I was able to open all my windows throw on a short sleeve shirt and do some deep cleaning! It was a beautiful day! Tomorrow will be 70, then another front hits. However, a awesome weekend!

Don't worry, this summer, when we are hitting 100+ for months on end without rain, you can feel sorry for us, again
lau.gif

Another blessed day!

Hi Bee... Rod's comb is no worse for the wear. His tips are pretty much all yellow now and I see he has lost one tip near the back of his comb. He has had no further frostbite damage in this latest bout of cold weather so I think that CO is doing the trick. He'll likely lose most of his tips as they are yellowish and quite hard to the touch but no oozing or signs of infection so that's a bonus !

We had it brutally cold here this past week with blizzard warnings for about 3 days straight. It has gotten up into the high 30's here today and a little rain. The temps supposed to drop back again tomorrow with another cold spell. Rod and his harem were out today enjoying the warm weather - it's the first time they have poked their heads outta their coop since Tuesday ! Darn spoiled brats
gig.gif
WBF, glad to know Rodney's comb is doing OK. Mine are pretty much the same as before this last cold weather. Their tips are basically black and hard so they are all dried up. They are gonna look really bad once all of that necrotic tissue comes off. They have definitely dubbed themselves and beyond.

That's good to know! I've been using the CO for various things and finding it amazingly effective! Wish I had known about all this years ago. My mother even got in on trying it out after seeing what I've been doing with it. She has a sore on her leg that just won't heal and it's always red and tender, so she picks at it. She put some CO on it this morning and she said it no longer hurts even when she runs her hands over it and some of the redness has subsided.

I need to get up in the coop one night soon and put some more on my oldest hens' feet as their ankles look a little swollen and uncomfortable looking. It really helped with that the last time I applied it to them and has kept them well for many months since. Time for a new dose.
yes CO is some wonderful stuff. We're cooking with it now and that and olive oil is all we use now in oils.
So glad your roos comb is better. Can't remember who that was but am glad its better and not infected! YEA!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom