FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, actually, Smoky hasn't been laying for a week or two. She's decided that growing feathers in winter is more important and I agree! I'm not sure who that one belongs to since it is quite different than anyone in the main flock usually lays, probably just the occasional "off" egg from someone. It sure does look like Smoky's, though! The bluish one on top is my Charlotte's first egg, coming off her molt and is a bit thin-shelled, which is why I decided to give them the calcium boost today that Fern managed to dump in the floor. The green on the left comes from my EE, June.

Fern is such a Barred Rock, LOL. (Doms have rose combs) Dutch is her sire and Ivy is her mama. Ivy has gotten over her ovarian infection and is laying again so maybe I'll have to hatch another little troublemaker. For all the stuff she gets into, Fern has been quite entertaining.

Quote:
haha!

That's great!

I just got a barred rock and named her barbara.... after the barbara big butt of course!

I was wondering, can you find a reputable breeder and leave your hen with them to get quality fertile eggs? Like dogs or horses?

LOL

... ?

lau.gif
gig.gif
Why mess with the good thing as oatmeal!

I just snorted iced tea thru my nose reading that! hahahahahahha

Beautiful eggs, what a gorgeous picture. I just love collecting eggs of different colors.

Back
Top Bottom