FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hmmmmm.....
hmm.png
A case of "Sometimer's" dear?
gig.gif

6.gif
ANNOUNCEMENT!

I finally hatched an Orp! Actually, I have 3 of them! 2 black and 1 blue. Three more eggs pipped, and I hope they are Orps too! Total hatch of 12 (when those 3 finish up). The Turkens are all the same color ... dark, except this one ... it is blonde with streaks of dark on it. What's that? Splash? Maybe it's like Germaine's, "Red Skelton?"

Kathy the splash normally have a blueish or blackish tinge to the fuzz.....let me go get pics of day old Thor and Luna....brb with pics.

Thor in bator:

7630_bbs1d.jpg

In brooder:

7630_splashbabya.jpg

Luna (my Splash Cochin Hen) at 2 days old:

HPIM3074Small-1.jpg

I have never seen a black splash to kow how they look sorry but I would assume they would have the darkish tinge with the wispy silver....Oh we need to ask Cyn about this one.

Last edited:
thankyou.gif

OH, thanks for the pictures! That helps alot!

OK then, I ended up with 6 Turkens
sickbyc.gif
and 5 Orps. One Orp must be blue, because it is darker than Thor was. The other 4 must be black. If I breed them all together, can I still end up with a splash sometime? I do still have another batch of 20 or so eggs in, due next Fri or Sat. Maybe I can still get a splash! I'm just so happy to finally get ANY Orps! Geeez, they sure are slow to hatch, too! Nearly a day after the Turkens.
idunno.gif

ETA: I wonder what a dwarf Orp will look like?
25r30wi.gif

Last edited:
Kathy! No dwarves! Stop that, woman! Turn off that switch on your bator!
tongue.png
Glad you got some Orps to hatch! I will collect some for you to go out a week from Tuesday (that Monday is a holiday) if you want. And I can include some Delawares, too, if you like. Kira is laying again, it seems.

Kathy this is Athena...a blue

7630_bbs2.jpg

7630_bbs.jpg

7630_athenahold.jpg

Your color question:

black w/ blue is black and blue
blue w/ blue is splash, black and blue
splash w/splash is all splash
blue w/splash is blue and splash
black w/black is all black

Back
Top Bottom