FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Athena is just her mama....times TWO.
hmm.png

I just thought of another male name in the plant theme .... Dill ...

I am excited to have BBS Orps! They really are pretty birds. I don't know which color I like the best.
Speaking of Orps, did you see Julie's auction for Orp eggs?
ep.gif

Off topic, part 2:
hide.gif

I have some different breeds together in a grow out pen. Well, I can not for the life of me tell them apart (a couple of them). I know I will be able to tell later ....... because, the breeds are Jersey Giants and Black (split) lavender Orp projects. I have 2 of each. I guess I will just have to wait until the Giants grow up, huh? Have any of you ever had this problem? Dang, I knew I should have banded those guys.

I was really concerned about the same thing when I had a few of Dusty's eggs in with the BBS Rocks. It didnt become an issue since those few weren't fertile (hopefully, they are now--you have both Dusty's and Smoky's eggs in the box).

Julie's Orps have evolved a long way since I got the eggs from her that Suede and Velvet hatched from, that's for sure.

Quote:
Ummmm....errrrmmm....uuuuhhh...and her mama would be????
hu.gif
*insert evil grin here*

Yes Cetawin dear! You did hear "Death By Chocolate"!! Come and get it woman!!! All it's gonna cost ya is an extra tank of fuel and one prissy little Athena girl!
lau.gif

You still looking for masculine plant names Cyn? How about Miller, as in a Dusty Miller? Or, how about Sweet William? Maybe Jacob's Ladder? Wee Willies? (type of carnation) If ya need more, just let me know and I'll dig out my favorite garden plant identification guide...those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head for now.
smile.png

Boy I have been missing out on the fun in this thread! I have two Fern eggs, two Becca eggs, and I think three Dusty eggs in the Bator! I'm going to let Beth and Serin fight over Athena though, I'm not up for a prissy Hen....especially if the Orps hatch ok here I think I'll have some of my own.

But I'm not candling for 3 more days...and you can't make me...Ok you can, very easily...but I'm not going to!! I'm trying to be extra special delicate with these shipped eggs as my last ones didn't turn out so well.

I loved the name Dill, especially because it reminds me of that show...Rugrats that my daughter used to watch when she was little....Tommy's little brother was named Dill Pickles. Don't forget Basil either... it's doubly good because of Basil Rathbone.

Laney

Quote:
Ummmm....errrrmmm....uuuuhhh...and her mama would be????
hu.gif
*insert evil grin here*

Yes Cetawin dear! You did hear "Death By Chocolate"!! Come and get it woman!!! All it's gonna cost ya is an extra tank of fuel and one prissy little Athena girl!
lau.gif

Her mama is Cyn's Blue Orp, Smoky. I gotta hang on to Athena...Thor likes her so what can I do? I am hoping Thor falls in love with my splash cochin, Luna.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, now how to you expect poor little Luna to stand a chance of getting Thor's attention and affections if he's completely besotted with Athena!? That's a terrible distraction for such a young roo! You really need to remove that Athena so that Luna stands a chance!!
wink.png
Don't worry! We'll have a big handsome BW roo to help Athena get over her infatuation with Thor by the time she gets here!!
gig.gif

Ya know....looking at pictures of Athena, and then looking at pics of the blue wyandotte roo that will be here by next weekend, I think the two could make for some really handsome chicks!
wink.png
What do you think Cyn? Would a splash orp and a blue wyandotte make a good cross color wise?

Well, if all these darlin' Orps are drama queens, I will just wait for someone to go broody at Cyn's and tell Ultrasuede he will have to wait for a few months. He is better about me picking him up, but I think it's just because I am more stubborn than he is.

Amy, do you have a blue Wyandotte? How pretty!

Back
Top Bottom