Fernley Nevada thread

Here is my white rock.
It looks very different than mine

She is like 3 or 4 weeks older than mine. Did her feathers come in super white on the wings when they came in? She is super pretty and I really think a hen at this point.

She is like 3 or 4 weeks older than mine.  Did her feathers come in super white on the wings when they came in?  She is super pretty and I really think a hen at this point. 

Mine was yellow in the beginning which turned completely white and then some brownish tinting to it by last week or so. She looks gray that's turning white? Or is that just how it looks in that photo?

Yes! My chick was yellow and gray and turning to white. I am not 100% she is a white rock. She doesn't have any black at all and that's why I don't think she could be an Austra White or a Delaware. Oh the joys of the assorted pullet bin!

What makes you think she is not a white rock? She looks exactly like pictures of white rocks I've seen online. Also when you look up descriptions of the chicks it says this online: "As chicks however the chick fuzz can be white to all shades of dark smoky color turning to white feathers as new juvenile feathers emerge." She was definitely yellow with smoky color to her, turning all white.

What makes you think she is not a white rock? She looks exactly like pictures of white rocks I've seen online. Also when you look up descriptions of the chicks it says this online: "As chicks however the chick fuzz can be white to all shades of dark smoky color turning to white feathers as new juvenile feathers emerge." She was definitely yellow with smoky color to her, turning all white.

Was only going off what I knew of the breed I could be completely wrong

Back
Top Bottom