Ferrets Anyone?

I think we're laughing WITH you and AT you!
wink.png

It's good to learn to think outside of the box and still be able to balance it with staying grounded in reality.

Well, that's why I joined the group! To provide ya'll with a consistent source of entertainment and to learn what is and what is not a good idea!

I was told you can train them to use a litter box..but as far as I can tell that is a lie...an outright lie! Yuck...if someone said "can you take this ferret for free please please please?" I would say no freaking way...Not now, not ever! Out of the 3 I had the only thing they ever hunted were ways out of their cage, and my hamsters...

Yes you can! You need several ferret specialized litter boxes because they will pick their favorite corners in the room. The best way to train them is to pay attention to where they want to go, and then accommodate then with boxes. Once of mine, Banjo, will go in the boxes, the other two go BY the boxes, so I put down newspaper under the box and it makes sure everyone is taken care of.
You can't use regular cat boxes with ferrets. They back up into their corners and need the lower lip of a ferret box to work with their potty habits/mechanisms. :)

Terrible pets alright companions. I like that answer!

Me too. :) They are quirky animals with their own personalities. They get their feelings hurt easily and are very mischievous. They aren't an animal for homes with kids, that's for sure! Definitely a lifestyle animal and are not caged animals like a guinea pig would be- mine have their own large bedroom to free roam. (Yes, my friends know me as the crazy ferret lady!)

We have a ferret in our barn running under the brooders killing mice.... they're not that good at climbing so anything we want to keep them away from are on tables. He sleeps in his cage during the day and let out at night.

Back
Top Bottom