ferrets-HELP ME!!

I am in Lancaster SC. I had one come into rescue. She is up for adoption! She is about 10 months old and SUPER friendly! Her adoption fee is only $50. (She is spayed, descented and perfectly healthy!)

Last edited:
Ferrets are really difficult to take care of, but very rewarding.

I warn you though, DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE. Good breeding is essential in a ferret. You want to be very careful and find ones with good temperament, and you don't know what you are getting in a pet store. A friend of mine who's had ferrets for many years made the mistake of buying a girl from Petco. Turns out they were getting their supply from a Canadian breeder who was more interested in breeding for how "pretty" the ferrets were instead of temperament or health. Now she has a very dumb weasel with a severe biting problem and adrenal gland disease at two years old. But she's pretty.

I strongly recommend you look for a rescue, because they will be able to match you to the right ferret and give you information on them, or search small breeders who are very interested in the health and temperament of their ferrets. I'm not terribly fond of Marshall's because they are a large scale operation that is also very hit or miss in the pet department.

Personally, I had two girls who were the light of my life. I had to be vigilant about the ferret-proofing, but they gave me hours of love and entertainment and would lick you to death.

Back
Top Bottom