Ferrets- your opinion please???

Quote:
Sometimes that is true, but other times, the can't afford the ferret because it is sick and needs some expensive vet care!

Always ask someone about their ferrets vet history. Yes, they will lie to you! I called for shot records on Kodo and River when we adopted them and the vets office I was given had never heard of the previous owner! I wish I had called the vet BEFORE picking up the ferts, but I do not regret having got them! Just meant I had to be the one to get their shots.

I got two of my ferrets similar to this, they weren't actually offered free, but the owner offered them to me for free, they were both young, one 6 months and one 11 months. They were gotten for the persons two kids, but the daughter who already had heath issues, was badly allergic. The cage that came with them has come in handy and is a nice cage, but is not, in my opinion, big enough for two ferrets (or really even one really).

I already had one ferret, she was 3 years old (she's 4 now). She is my first ferret, and we love her! She's very good w/ her litter box, and loves people and the other animals!

The two new ones are also nice, they are both boys, I moved them into her cage as soon as they were well introduced. She loves having the company of other ferrets! All are friendly and like people, and get along w/ the other animals. I keep them away from their prey type animals (chickens, rabbit, etc.). My only real complain is the boys is they do not use the litter box, and they also don't use corners (or I might could fix the problem), they poop all over the bottom of the cage not in any particular spot. This has made their out time very limited.

As for ferrets in general, they do smell bad, some people don't mind it, some do. None of mine bite, they are all friendly and can be handled by adults or children. They are fun and entertaining animals, but do your research, they aren't for everyone. Honestly if it wasn't for the smell I'd probably always have a few, but I'd also need them to use their litter box, that has caused me some problems.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom