Fertile egg

Rennie

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Derbyshire, England
43667_dsc00418.jpg

Am i right in assuming this egg is fertile ... On the right of the yolk there is a white dot with a ring around it

I remember seeing something on this forum about fertile eggs containing a bullseye on the yolk, Is this just something that looks similar or is it a "fertility spot" ??

I seen the same forum and also on a candling website showing how to see if an egg is fertile...

by what i read if the egg is fertile then there will be a donut ring.. which is what ur pic is showing.. and an unfertile egg will be just a dot...

this is what i read but im not an egg expert
lol.png

but in my opinion on what i read i would say though that its a boy/girl

No..Its definitely from my hen .. I think
hu.gif

Quote:
Thanks for that ..From seeing those pics again ..I would say its definitely fertile ..There was a definite ring around the white spot, Im shocked it is though, Its the first egg of this hen and I only saw my roo treading her after she had laid it (Never before) He must be at it alot when they get locked in the coop at night
hide.gif

I hear the incubator calling
smile.png

I have another question but maybe i should ask it on the hatching forum....

How do i keep eggs so I can collect some for the incubator, Say I only get one a day how would I store them so i can get six, Should i leave them in the nest or take them out and store them in an egg box?

I dont know the answer to that question..

but what i would do is just put them in the incubator and collect them in there but when u put them in the incubator do it quick as not to let out as much humidity and heat.

or if ur going to have r chicken hatch them, which i recommend because the hen can protect and teach the chicks more, leave them in the nesting boxes and put golf balls in there to make a nest to show the chicken they are ready to be sat on!
thumbsup.gif
Good luck to whatever you start doing! and
ya.gif
congrats to the fertile egg thing! a new family of chickens! I HEAR A SITCOM!!!
tongue.png

I would be happy to let any of my chickens hatch them, But i think that its going to take a while for any of them to become broody.. so second option to up the numbers in my flock is incubation

I might try 3 in there just to see what happens .. Nothing to loose ..Loads to gain
jumpy.gif

I do have a nest set up with 6 OEG eggs in there .. They are old now but they are just there to see if anyone will sit on them ...nothing yet though

Back
Top Bottom