Fertile eggs

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So my drake, Nibbler, has very weak legs and doesn’t move much, and thus hasn’t really ever shown interest in mating with my females

the eggs I have collected over the past week all have had little white dots like a tiny bullseye on the yolks. Googling it says that that is a sign that the egg is fertilized.

Is that accurate? If so I think I want to try hatching a couple but don’t want to spend the money on an incubator if that’s not what it is

So my drake, Nibbler, has very weak legs and doesn’t move much, and thus hasn’t really ever shown interest in mating with my females

the eggs I have collected over the past week all have had little white dots like a tiny bullseye on the yolks. Googling it says that that is a sign that the egg is fertilized.

Is that accurate? If so I think I want to try hatching a couple but don’t want to spend the money on an incubator if that’s not what it is
Do ya have pics of your eggs? That would be great, i’d not it’s hard to tell.

Do ya have pics of your eggs? That would be great, i’d not it’s hard to tell.

Not the best pictures as I am realizing there’s no good lighting to take a pic from above in my kitchen heh

the eggs from the last couple weeks are the first ones I have seen that white dot in. About half of them have it

Attachments

• 4DDA91CD-6779-49BF-B5EC-9890DDF7F721.jpeg
    4DDA91CD-6779-49BF-B5EC-9890DDF7F721.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2F6133FF-67AD-46BD-824B-4D906A1575F2.jpeg
    2F6133FF-67AD-46BD-824B-4D906A1575F2.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 7
Sorry, but I do not think those are fertile. With duck eggs it seems like it is more about the size of the white dot than the bullseye. In the pictures below, the bottom egg is fertile but the top egg is not. You can try hatching to be sure but I would not get your hopes up.
IMG_3342.jpg

They look infertile to me personally. I might not be the best at this though!! I don't usually hatch eggs, so I typically don't check for fertility, but I'm not seeing a clear bullseye on these :)
One of the older ones had one that looked more bullseye-ish. Most have just had this white dot. It’s new so was curious.

Back
Top Bottom