Fertile eggs?

Pics
If hen 1 and the cochin chick doesn’t bond by tomorrow, I’ll have to give the chick to hen 2 tomorrow night. (No pips yet) the baby (the hatched one) can fly enough now to be safe on the lader in the smaller coop. Yet the cochin chick does not follow her. And can’t fly as well. I’ll give her this chick when the others start hatching, that way she thinks she hatched her.

And, we got our first internal pip! No chirps yet, but I can hear the chick pecking at the egg shell. So tonight I will put the cochin chick under hen 2 as we should have a baby by tomorrow morning/afternoon.

We now have two. Also does anyone else have this weird thing while hatcching? Its allways the lighter colored eggs that hatch first. The light brown and white egg have internally piped. While my sexlink eggs + GLW egg have done nothing yet. But it is also early.

The light brown egg is a mystery one, I can’t tell who layed it, it could be my GLW/SLW again, my buff orpington, it could also be a Lavender orpington egg, all though her eggs are normally slughtly lighter. But it could still be her’s.

Leaning towards buff orp though.

I’ll probably put the chick under hen 2 tomorrow morning, that way hen thinks she hatched them. Cause I got a bad feeling about putting her under tonight.

I think I just cloned the rooster- patches (the hatched one) looks and acts just like their father. So much so, I won’t be surprised, or sad if they end up being a he.

Back
Top Bottom