Fertile eggs?

Ive now cought him with 4/8 laying hens. The hens that might not have been mated with: lavender + buff orpington. Golden sexlink. White leghorn.
Hes also been mating with the two chicks we got with him. (An EE and a blue sexlink.) no eggs from them yet though. (Expecting an egg from them soon though) on other news, he is now 5 months old.

Hey I have a question. Will the chicks be sexlinked? I heard that red rooster over silver laced hen =sex linked. The rooster is not pure red. But has some red in him. Or is he not red enough.

Hey I have a question. Will the chicks be sexlinked? I heard that red rooster over silver laced hen =sex linked. The rooster is not pure red. But has some red in him. Or is he not red enough.

I do not think you will get sexlinked chicks.

Gold (red/brown/buff) rooster over silver hens does produce sexlinks, but I think yours is probably silver with red leakage, rather than genetically gold.

I want to breed this rooster with...
rooa.PNG

My avatar, and a frizzle hen I have
roci.PNG
...and a few others. but he is too young yet.

Hatch day should be Monday, I have very little doubt in my mind that this chick is going to hatch. By my last peek, this chick is very active in the egg, I have never seen a chick move so much in the egg. My poor hen, is going to have a little ball of fluffy energy.

Back
Top Bottom