Fertile eggs?

Pics
EBA57FA5-DD27-4109-BCD7-D7A43AD48628.jpeg

Mom is ready for her spooky chicks. So far only pips, and zips. No hatched chicks yet. Also, pretty sure that mystery egg is a buff orpington egg. (From what I can see at lest) the chick looks kinda yellow. (Mom got off the nest for a moment to stretch. Dont worry, it’s hot enough for her to get off for a while. Around 90 in the day. And 70 at night.

I think the hen is trying to assist the hatch, I found her pecking at the egg shell eating it. The chick is alive, and well. It seems she is just making it easier for this one chick, but on closer look, the chicks egg tooth looks very dull (more so than normal) I am amazed it even got past the membrane.

Some one is determined to hatch tonight. The mystery (probably buff orpington egg) is allmost done zippering! 1-2 more hours and then chick! Then I have to wait only 30 more minutes for the chick to dry before looking at it!

@NatJ got any good fall food theme related names? Also one of them just hatched! I whent out to check and bam a chick. Leaving the chick + the egg shell there for a moment as I dont want to chick to start bleeding, I will probably remove it once the chick looks dry + it is detached from the chick. See you soon!

@NatJ got any good fall food theme related names?
Turkey
Ham
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream (maybe a white chick)
Sweet Potato
Dinner Roll
Butter (maybe a yellow chick)
Cranberry (or Cranberry Sauce)
Fruit Salad
Thanksgiving

Pumpkin Pie made me think of spices, so also:
Cinnamon
Ginger
Cloves
Nutmeg
Allspice
(Chicks of various shades of brown?)

If any chicks are black, maybe "Burnt ___" or "Grilled ____" (any kind of food.)

If you want a posthumus name for the one that got squished, maybe "Squash."

Kinds of squash, like Butternut, Hubbard, or Acorn

Or kinds of candy, for Halloween.

Hmm, I think I'm getting hungry now... :lol:

Turkey
Ham
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream (maybe a white chick)
Sweet Potato
Dinner Roll
Butter (maybe a yellow chick)
Cranberry (or Cranberry Sauce)
Fruit Salad
Thanksgiving

Pumpkin Pie made me think of spices, so also:
Cinnamon
Ginger
Cloves
Nutmeg
Allspice
(Chicks of various shades of brown?)

If any chicks are black, maybe "Burnt ___" or "Grilled ____" (any kind of food.)

If you want a posthumus name for the one that got squished, maybe "Squash."

Kinds of squash, like Butternut, Hubbard, or Acorn

Or kinds of candy, for Halloween.

Hmm, I think I'm getting hungry now... :lol:
Thank you so much! I allready had the perfect name for the white chick (mellow short for marshmallow) but butternut is the perfect name for the buff chick! And the black chicks can be burnt turkey, and over-done ham .And the feed store chick is allready pumpkin. And patches is the one hatched, together they make “pumpkin patch” also the white chick just hatched aswell! Woo! The black chicks really are going to be burnt!

The father is definitely dominant/recessive white. And probably black aswell. Heres what hatched so far:
Combs: pea for all that hatched (-1)
Leg color: looks to be mostly pink for now but too early to tell.
All seem to have beards. (-1)
All have some form of white on them. (-1)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom