Fertile eggs?

TW! Dead chick pictures

5D2B5638-B921-4954-829D-40D68F10F56D.jpeg

I belive that killed them. Waiting until it cools down to sex them.

My local feed store is getting some in today. Around 3 pm. So hopefully that goes well. I gave the chick a mirror and a old sock for the moment. The feed store is where I got their father so thats pretty cool.

Alright got the chick.View attachment 3310142thinking I got a tufted easter egger.but time will tell.
Probably has muff/beard, not ear tufts. That's what most hatchery EEs have.

But yes, probably an Easter Egger with muffs, and I agree that time will tell.

The ear tuft gene is lethal when homozygous (so a chick with two copies of the gene dies before it hatches.) It's in the American version of Araucanas, but not in the Araucanas of some other countries, not in Ameraucanas, and typically not in hatchery Easter Eggers.

Probably has muff/beard, not ear tufts. That's what most hatchery EEs have.

But yes, probably an Easter Egger with muffs, and I agree that time will tell.

The ear tuft gene is lethal when homozygous (so a chick with two copies of the gene dies before it hatches.) It's in the American version of Araucanas, but not in the Araucanas of some other countries, not in Ameraucanas, and typically not in hatchery Easter Eggers.
It probably does, they said they had easter eggers, white layer mixs (just a bunch all together), brown + black sexlinks. They where all in one bin though, (it was easy to tell them apart due to the beard and muffs. And colors.)
And I forgot about the lethal part. And you are probably right it probably is just weird, fluffy muffs.

Going to post a thread to sex the older chicks. They are allmost 7 weeks old. Im thinking 1 male to 3 females. And my sexing was off. The buff orpington chick is definitely a male. I think I see sattles.

Back
Top Bottom