Fertile or not???? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amydurose, Jan 29, 2011.

1. amydurose

amydurose Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    do you think these eggs are fertile? I didnt think my rooster was old enough to .. well perform [​IMG]

My hens not been laying long so I didnt think i needed to worry about the blood?

[​IMG]

2. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    lol I see a bullseye so your boy is doing his job [​IMG]

3. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Yep I think I see it, your ready.

4. chickeypeep101

chickeypeep101 the Awesome Pullet

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    Those look fertile!

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I see a bullseye on the left hand egg. And no, I don't think you ever have to worry about blood spots, unless they're big and/or constant, which might indicate a health problem with the hen. My eggs occasionally have spots in them that vary from medium dark red to almost black. Doesn't affect the taste at all. I'm not sure if it affects the fertility. I'd guess not, as I crack open all infertile eggs from my incubator and have a look at them, and I've never found a blood spot in one yet...

6. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    I have never worried much about an occasional blood spot, my hens get them now and then. But that is for sure a fertile egg! It all tastes the same!

7. amydurose

amydurose Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    Thankyou for your replies. I was pretty sure myself they were fertile but Im so new to this I wanted to check.

My roo isnt even crowing yet, infact I was still secretly hoping he isnt a roo.

I wonder why he doesnt crow [​IMG]

Well my afternoon of cleaning now consists of an afternoon in the loft to find the incubator..... Well it would be rude not too... I LOVE CHICKEN MATH [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by