Fertile quail eggs?

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
i tryed to take a pic of the egg but its to small and didnt show up.
i want to know how u tell if its fertile
the yolk had a small white ring in it
does that mean its fertile?
i looked up how to tell fertile eggs but it didnt help much.
anyone have pics of a fertile quail egg?

Quote:
thank u
big_smile.png

The easiest way I know how to tell is incubate them, and if they hatch they are fertile
wink.png

Seriously though...What you are describing,sure sounds like a fertile egg to me. A bulls-eye "ghost in the machine" so to speak. Of course, you can't hatch it now, and don't confuse it with the sometimes dark looking protein spot in close orbit of the yolk. Infertile eggs will have the protein spot as well as fertile ones.

Quote:
lol ok. i had 8 quail eggs in the bator non were fertile. soo i waited a few weeks before collecting more and decided to check one of the new ones and saw the ring and two other white dots. soo im ganna try incubating the ones i collect in a few days and see if any start to form and hatch. there mix breed quail.

Quote:
lol ok. i had 8 quail eggs in the bator non were fertile. soo i waited a few weeks before collecting more and decided to check one of the new ones and saw the ring and two other white dots. soo im ganna try incubating the ones i collect in a few days and see if any start to form and hatch. there mix breed quail.

If I could crack open an egg and take a good picture of the bulls-eye, I would.

If your flock is young, then waiting a few days/weeks, actually properly sexing your birds is a good thing....This is not a diss....Some strains are hard to sex, even for some old timers. Please trust me on this.

Sorry, I don't write books, but if you set fertile eggs, incubate and hatch them properly, then you should get a hatch. If all that doesn't happen, then there is a breakdown somewhere along the line. You just have to refine the model to get better results. Please trust me...I want quail coming out of your ears! I just don't know what exactly is going wrong.

Quote:

If your flock is young, then waiting a few days/weeks, actually properly sexing your birds is a good thing....This is not a diss....Some strains are hard to sex, even for some old timers. Please trust me on this.

Sorry, I don't write books, but if you set fertile eggs, incubate and hatch them properly, then you should get a hatch. If all that doesn't happen, then there is a breakdown somewhere along the line. You just have to refine the model to get better results. Please trust me...I want quail coming out of your ears! I just don't know what exactly is going wrong.

idk how old the male is he was given to me. the hen i hatched myself. shes 3 years old. ive hatched quail eggs in the past. maybe because its cold out or could be her age

Quote:

idk how old the male is he was given to me. the hen i hatched myself. shes 3 years old. ive hatched quail eggs in the past. maybe because its cold out or could be her age

Weather is always an issue! Trying to stitch together pieces from this or that can be complicated.

If you really want my advice, and want to raise a whole bunch of coturnix quail, then get you some eggs, hatch them. Grow them out the full 8+ weeks to maturity, then pen them up right and let nature take it's course.

You have a very complicated model going on now. I'm not sure what you are shooting for.

Quote:

Weather is always an issue! Trying to stitch together pieces from this or that can be complicated.

If you really want my advice, and want to raise a whole bunch of coturnix quail, then get you some eggs, hatch them. Grow them out the full 8+ weeks to maturity, then pen them up right and let nature take it's course.

You have a very complicated model going on now. I'm not sure what you are shooting for.

my female is a pet. and i want a baby from her before she passes. the only male i have is a differnt breed. they have been mating like crazy latley tho

Back
Top Bottom