Fertilized Egg?

kimchick621

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
I scrambled up a few eggs for breakfast this morning, and noticed that one of my eggs looked fertilized. I know it can be a subtle difference between a fertile and non-fertile egg, and I wouldn't be a great judge. I'm writing this though because my roo is only 18/19 weeks old and still an awkward gangly boy who still lets the queen of the roost boss him around. It was her egg that looked fertilized.

I'm new to having roos, and I thought he was still too young to mate, and I haven't seen him do it...hell I haven't even heard him crow yet. Is he still too young?

I just went out to grab an egg, here's what it looked like. It looks fertile to me, but I'm no expert.

Hah! I still have to see it to believe it. He's so gangly looking, I can't believe my sassy ladies would let him, lol

I never rely on that way to much because i had a pekin bantam cockerel with pekin bantam hens and 3 large cross hens and there eggs looked like that so i put bantam eggs in the incubator with to large eggs all the bantam eggs hatched but not the large ones :/ and my younger wyandotte bantam cockerel about that age tries but can quite get the hang of it ha :)

Back
Top Bottom