fertilized eggs?

silki girl

Chirping
Nov 23, 2023
I have a hen that is sitting on some eggs and we have a rooster and I have seen them trying to mate but never doing it. now she is sitting on some eggs and not getting off except sometimes to eat and drink. do you think there fertilized? I so can I have some tips how to do it?

How old are they? Does the male "miss the spot", ot does the female not accept him? If you have other females of the same age, I'd crack one or two eggs and see if they have bullseyes. An underutilised egg can very easily appear to have a bullseye, the difference is miniscule. If you're not sure, post pictures of them

the roster is 1yr and I am not sure of the difference of "miss the spot" and not excepting. I will crack the eggs and tell you the results when I can.

How old are they? Does the male "miss the spot", ot does the female not accept him? If you have other females of the same age, I'd crack one or two eggs and see if they have bullseyes. An underutilised egg can very easily appear to have a bullseye, the difference is miniscule. If you're not sure, post pictures of them
To be honest, with these fluffy butts, I think they always miss the spot, but somehow my eggs are always fertile. :idunno

do you think that is what happened to mine?
It's very possible, but without cracking one open like @fluffycrow suggested, you won't know for sure until 19 days go by. Silkie eggs usually hatch in 19 days, mine in an incubator take 20/21.

Since she's broody, there's no harm in letting her sit on them to find out too. If you have other hens laying, I would mark the eggs she's sitting on so you'll know if another hen laid an egg in her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom