Fertilized?

sealer39

🍹🏴‍☠️🤨
10 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Pineville, Louisiana
I posted a few weeks ago asking if my EE x White Leghorn eggs are fertile. Well, I now have a FBCM that went broody today and I want to give her some eggs.
I have two WL and one of them definitely has fertile eggs but this one I’m still not sure about. I don’t really see the tell tale ‘bullseye’ on this one:
0985A2B9-2D22-4862-A8F7-DCED91E3EAC7.jpeg

I posted a few weeks ago asking if my EE x White Leghorn eggs are fertile. Well, I now have a FBCM that went broody today and I want to give her some eggs.
I have two WL and one of them definitely has fertile eggs but this one I’m still not sure about. I don’t really see the tell tale ‘bullseye’ on this one:
View attachment 2083485
It looks fertile to me. The blastoderm looks larger and more concentrated on the inside, so it does look like a bullseye a little bit.

I’m clearly no expert in this. The center doesn’t have the dot in it though. The others clearly have a dot in the center of the blastoderm so I’m unsure. IF it’s fertile I could have eight eggs under her by Monday. If not, I’ll wait till Wednesday and only give her six of the ones I’m sure about.

I’m clearly no expert in this. The center doesn’t have the dot in it though. The others clearly have a dot in the center of the blastoderm so I’m unsure. IF it’s fertile I could have eight eggs under her by Monday. If not, I’ll wait till Wednesday and only give her six of the ones I’m sure about.
To me, from farther away it looks like there’s a more concentrated area of it. I’d put them all under her anyway, but I’m no expert either hahah. If it were infertile, the blastodisc would typically be a lot smaller. Just my two cents, I could be totally wrong 😂

Back
Top Bottom