fertilizers and pesticides on lawn

this is what was used:

Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Fertilizer with Weed Prevent 10-0-0

Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Fertilizer with Weed Prevent prevents the germination of dandelion and large crabgrass seeds by releasing proteins into the soil, starving the root of water.

* Ideal for use in municipalities with pesticide bans
* Contains 100% corn gluten
* Use where established perennial ryegrass and Kentucky Bluegrass are predominant
* 10-0-0 guaranteed analysis lawn fertilizer

i guess it's okay then?

Well that's really interesting--Scotts is putting out a product with Corn Gluten Meal! That's what I use on my lawn, and it works great. I would wait until it has broken down, then it should be fine. Corn Gluten Meal is actually an ingredient in many animal feeds.

This has been a good thread to follow. There are so many different things to consider with raising chickens. I'm learning a lot about gardening, chicken care, and overall sustainability through this forum. And now I know a little more about lawn fertilizers. Thanks

What about Ecosmart organic insecticide? It says it's safe to use around children and pets. Contains starch, sawdust, granite, wintergreen oil, clove oil and thyme oil. Smells good, too.

Some of the 'organic oils' are pretty toxic in larger doses, for some critters.. I would think that a tiny amount should be okay, but don't rally know. Research? MSDS information? Probably there's no data available. I'd love to know, thanks, Mary

Back
Top Bottom