Fertilizing a Lawn with Chicken Safety in Mind

I was referring to the concentrated droppings. I have a 10,000 sq ft yard and the droppings of three chickens will not fertilize the entire yard. There will be spots of great grass where they poop and not so great where they don't. I really do need to fertilize my yard and wanted to know if was harmful for chickens if they eat the fertilizer. I think that was the OPs original question.

Yeah, I had to look up same thing this year and struggle with same issues and I do not use artificial fertilizers for the health of my chicken. My husband does not exactly keep up with the leaves as well which does not help because they lay there awhile on the lawn essentially killing the grass. We could be better at prevention. I think reseeding helps and just water in. I am reading for ideas as well.

Yeah, I had to look up same thing this year and struggle with same issues and I do not use artificial fertilizers for the health of my chicken. My husband does not exactly keep up with the leaves as well which does not help because they lay there awhile on the lawn essentially killing the grass. We could be better at prevention. I think reseeding helps and just water in. I am reading for ideas as well.
I found this: www.thegardenacademy.com/micro-homesteading/urban-chickens-can-chickens-lawn-get-along/
I am good to go this year, but next year I will use liquid fertilizer sprayed on with the hose and do it right before it rains.

Back
Top Bottom