fertilizing,crabgrass preventer,

DonnaMiniFarm1

Chirping
6 Years
May 2, 2014
Does anyone have input on fertilizing, using crabgrass preventer or pre emergent your lawn and garden if you want to let your chicken & ducks free roam. I don't know if there is any products are safe to use.

Most any organic fertilizer would be ok, any herbicide other than straight vinegar would be a big no no though.

Things like white vinegar, blood meal, bone meal, composted manures, horticultural molasses, etc would be ok.

Does anyone have input on fertilizing, using crabgrass preventer or pre  emergent your lawn and garden if you want to let your chicken & ducks free roam. I don't know if there is any products are safe to use.

2nd the Rambler, pre emergent weed control last up to 4 months on lawn (pendemethaline) not a good thing for chicken so is the weed killers (dicamba, 24D & mecrocorp) It affect their eggs and their system big NO NO for birds, one of the cause of bald eagles eggs and reproductive problems decades ago.

I only use those chemicals including bug control @areas without access for my chicken my front yard and my side yards.

Does anyone have input on fertilizing, using crabgrass preventer or pre emergent your lawn and garden if you want to let your chicken & ducks free roam. I don't know if there is any products are safe to use.

You can totally forget about crab grass or any other kinds of grass, weeds, or broadleaf plants for that matter once you let a small flock of chickens free range on the average suburban backyard for a year or two. I hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom