Few breeds that don't quite match

Noralesong

Chirping
Feb 14, 2023
W. Warwick, Rhode Island
Hi there! I got a bunch of assorted chickens from a local breeder about 4 months ago. I was supposed to get
- 2 midnight majesty marans
- 2 starlight green Eggers
- 2 bluebell Prairie Eggers
- 2 buff Orpington
- 1 lavender Orpington
- 2 salmon faverolle
- 1 English sussex

The breeder informed me she did not have the marans, nor the faverolles. OK, that's fine, I'll take barnvelders and Oliver eggers.

I ended up with birds I'm not certain what they are. When they were 2 week old chicks I couldn't tell but now I can and I have no idea what I got. I know I ended up getting the 2 faverolles I wanted but I am doubting I got any blue bells or starlight because my two hybrids laid brown eggs.

Here are some pictures because I have no idea what they are.

Now the gold with the huge comb I know laid the eggs and they're some kind of hybrid because they matured much faster than the others.

The gray hen does not look like my other orpingtons and has a pretty splash on her feathers. She looks more amerucana to me because her comb is tiny.

The big black one I know is a marans but she's not like at all like my other Marans. I'm assuming she IS the black majesty I asked for.

I did get the barnevelders, which i expect replaced the starlight or prairies, one is both are beautiful blue on red lace.

I'm not upset about the mix up. All the chicks were around the same price and they're all healthy save one that died from an injury, which happens. I have no intention of complaining to the breeder, I just want a little help identifying!
20230826_111530.jpg
20230826_111529.jpg
20230826_111520.jpg
20230826_111516.jpg
20230826_111442.jpg
20230826_111421.jpg

The gold and white one could be a red sex link instead of a starlight green egger.

The blue one does look like a Prairie Bluebell egger, and she may not be laying yet, so you may get blue eggs in the future.

The big black one could be an olive egger or midnight majesty. She doesn't look like a pure Marans to me.

Back
Top Bottom