Upstate_chicks

Chirping
Jul 4, 2023
I bought pullets from tractor supply in March 2023 and they are supposed to be:
2 Starlight Green Eggers
1 Prairie Bluebell
2 Golden Comets
1 Sapphire Gem (which I’m pretty sure is actually a rooster)
1 Easter Egger
I’m stumped now with figuring out which is which (except for the Golden comets and Sapphire Gem).
Can someone help?
71003379284__1CE5755C-80FC-4E08-AF9F-AFACA0BC894E.jpeg
IMG_8817.jpeg
IMG_7608.jpeg

Some chick pictures if it helps.
⬆️These are the sapphire gem, 2 prairie bluebells(1 died in an hawk anttack) and 1 Easter egger when I got them.
IMG_7716.jpeg

⬆️These are the 2 golden comets, 2 starlight green eggers and one more Easter egger which I gave to a friend.
IMG_9934.jpeg
IMG_9930.jpeg

Generally the green eggers have single combs and look either like production Rhode Island reds or red sex links. Prairie eggers usually have pea combs and white earlobes, but like all types of Easter eggers, they are crosses and you can never be sure.

I've marked up a photo. Green for green eggers, although I wasn't sure if the one was a golden comet or not. Blue for Prairie Bluebells. I put a question mark on one that could be any of the types you name because it has a single comb but also white earlobes. I'm not sure on that one. It's coloring is pretty typical for a regular Easter egger so I'm guessing that is what it is, but no guarantees on that. When it lays you can judge by egg color.

ees1.jpeg

Generally the green eggers have single combs and look either like production Rhode Island reds or red sex links. Prairie eggers usually have pea combs and white earlobes, but like all types of Easter eggers, they are crosses and you can never be sure.

I've marked up a photo. Green for green eggers, although I wasn't sure if the one was a golden comet or not. Blue for Prairie Bluebells. I put a question mark on one that could be any of the types you name because it has a single comb but also white earlobes. I'm not sure on that one. It's coloring is pretty typical for a regular Easter egger so I'm guessing that is what it is, but no guarantees on that. When it lays you can judge by egg color.

View attachment 3566043
Wow! This is awesome! Thank you!!! 😀😀😀

Wow! This is awesome! Thank you!!! 😀😀😀
To add on to Jed's comments- the top chicken with the blue circle is a cockerel. From the rest of the photos it looks like you have lots of pullets.

The barred youngster on the left may be a cockerel Sapphire Gem- but you already mentioned that.

So from this batch, it looks like you may have two cockerels. If you keep either cockerel to cover your flock- you'll have solid egg-producing genetics for the next generation- so not a a bad choice either way!

Back
Top Bottom