Field trip to the feed store

I dunno, that bag of feed is more than six dollars higher than I normally pay...

From my phone... I can't get the cheapest laying pellets or chick crumble at tsc here for $6 less.
It's about $4-5 more than I would pay for a lower protein laying pellet that the birds don't much like. This is for the high protein game bird crumble that they are eating voraciously. Wee peas are growing like mad and the big peas are putting on weight and looking great. Hen is chunkin out eggs like a sex-link chicken, and maintaining her body weight.
Since I'm only feeding 6 peas, with this outcome, worth it to me to pay a few dollars more, and higher protein feed is likely to be a bit more than lower protein. And I'll chip in a buck or two if it keeps this guy in business over the long haul

Oh my, sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif
When chicken math catches up to you, you are going to have to get away from those big city prices. I was comparing my last ticket and it looks like I am paying;
$14.10 per 50# 28% Gamebird/Breeder
$ 9.67 per 50# 16% Layer
$ 9.38 per 50# 17% Alfalfa Pellets
$ 7.22 per 50# Scratch grain
$ 6.10 per 50# Crimped Corn

Oh my, sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif
When chicken math catches up to you, you are going to have to get away from those big city prices. I was comparing my last ticket and it looks like I am paying;
$14.10 per 50# 28% Gamebird/Breeder
$ 9.67 per 50# 16% Layer
$ 9.38 per 50# 17% Alfalfa Pellets
$ 7.22 per 50# Scratch grain
$ 6.10 per 50# Crimped Corn

Chicken math??? CHICKEN math??? No CHICKEN math here at my place
gig.gif

Them roosters been gone 2-3 years
bun.gif

However, we are studying up on our PEA math with great diligence
lau.gif

I'll check the ticket next time I make it out to TSC... it's a 45 minute drive each way. But I need to get pellets soon.

So getting away from big city is the key issue here... big city prices is only one part of the problem.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom