1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fiesta (Rooster)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FireTigeris, May 26, 2011.

1. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

...I'm beginning to believe that my roo for the breeder might have been from a different pen...

He is supposed to be a -DQ- Wheaten Ameraucana (beardless)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but could he be pure something else?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He does look like a beardless Wheaten Ameraucana to me. Handsome guy.

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Well from what I was able to track down the breeder in GA does JG, Marans and Ameraucana - pure and is working on olive eggers as a true breeding line (project birds).

I have hatched from him, but placed the babies as I had an influx of 'oooh I want that' and 'its a birthday present' and 'I need some chickes for my backyard' but they all backed out- in the meantime as the chicks had been paid for I 'filled' their places in the main coop. (I'll NEVER do that again)

There are 8 babies out at the moment with brown laying or blue laying mothers (I didn't set any of my white eggs)...

so I guess I'll hear what genes he carries in 6 months or so.

(He had a black beard starting when he was much younder but my alpha Bennie (the possom fighting beardless silkie) kept plucking it...)

[​IMG]

not sure it shows up, Fiesta much younger.

4. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    He looks like a Welsummer but I could be wrong. [​IMG]
    good luck in your search! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by