Fiesty Bantam, unknown breed

TabbieFayth

Chirping
Jan 19, 2019
So I posted a couple weeks ago asking for help identifying one of my bantam babies. At that point, there really wasn't much to go on as she was mostly a fluff ball. So now that she is almost 4 weeks old, I'm hoping we can narrow it down.

She is a bantam, 4 weeks old. Clean legs. Mostly white. Has black on one wing, and some black specks are beginning to show in her neck. And she is fiesty (which I'm sure is just her personality).

I don't think she is a black tailed white Japanese bantam, she doesn't even have a tail yet. Or the right stance. I have a black Japanese bantam.

20190415_210855.jpg 20190415_210931.jpg 20190415_210948.jpg 20190415_211231.jpg 20190416_081453.jpg

If you got her from a Ideal Poultry or a feed store that orders from them then it is a Columbian Wyandotte.

If you got it from TSC or another hatchery it could be a white cornish that will lose the black feathers when it molts but it should be a Columbian Wyandotte.

I can see her being a Columbian Wyandotte! She could have come from any number of hatcheries, delivered to TSC. My local TSC uses 5 different hatcheries, and always at random.

I'd say White Wyandotte. I don't think its a bantam though.

It is definitely a bantam. She is the same size as my other bantams her age. If she isn't one, then she is really slow at growing. I will try grabbing a group photo later when I tuck the silkies in with them (because, you know, silkies are too lazy to go up the ramp lol).

Back
Top Bottom