Fifteen weeks old and waiting for eggs. Who is with me?

Quote:
lol.png
That was funny.

I was away from my three hens for 6 days, and my Leghorn/Orpington cross's comb and wattles grew so much! Just when I thought she was already a woman! Still no eggs...

It can take awhile.....I think it's like waiting for water to boil. The more you watch it and want it to happen the longer it takes. My Marans went first @ 16 weeks, my reds....RI and NH @22 and my EE waited for 28! Don't worry.....it will happen. Good luck
smile.png

Hahaha. It sounds like this nation's chickens are on strike!

Mine are now 23 weeks, and still no eggs. Brahmas, of course!

Got my very first egg today! I knew it was getting close to time when one of the girls started squatting and I heard the egg song the other day. Nelly is a Red Sex-Link and is just under 19 weeks.

Picture of the egg beside a Large store bought egg.
85437_img_8730.jpg

And the egg layer
85437_img_8575.jpg

My 13 girls and one gent all turn 15 weeks tomorrow. This is pure torture....

Most of my girls don't look too ready to go, either. My Barred Rock lovelie, Geraldine, looks the most mature.

575c5667.jpg

Her sisters aren't nearly as red!

My SLW seem to be getting there.

ced918ac.jpg

And my Buff Orpingtons are getting closer.

9e3446d9.jpg

No squatting, though. Darn freeloaders....

89000_dscn2863.jpg

Pearl, my 19 week old White Leghorn layed not only her first egg today but also another egg! Is that possible? Or did she lay one last night after she went in the coop? I check everyday and there were no eggs yesterday. This morning I let them out of the coop at 10:30 and 2 eggs were laying right in the nesting box! Yea! I am sooo excited!

This has been the worst summer for laying for me. I have pullets from this springs hatch. They are all in molt. Noooooo eggs and the adult hens are molting too.I think I have gotten 1 egg a day for the last three weeks.
hmm.png

Try waiting 24!!!!! weeks and still....NOTHING! Girls...I am WAITING!!! (Black Australorps)
hit.gif

Just checking in.... Big Girl (BRx) and Nellie (golden comet x) are 18 (19?) weeks and still NOTHING!
barnie.gif
My 14 week EE still has absolutely no real comb or any redness. The 10 wk old Leghorns are getting big, but still have a ways to go.

Had store bought hard boiled eggs tonight.
sickbyc.gif
Nothing beats eggs from happy hens!

Back
Top Bottom