Fifth Day In The Incubator...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jessica.anne, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jessica.anne

jessica.anne Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2011
    South Carolina Midlands
    I have 9 eggs in the incubator on their fifth day. I candled them all this morning and all are developing nicely! I'm so excited! I had to share!!

2. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thats great news, well done.. Im on day three of my first ever hatch, husband got me an incubator for xmas [​IMG]. I candled this morning and couldnt see anything at all [​IMG] mine are shipped eggs too..someone did say to wait till day 7 so ill stop been inpatient and wait lol..

3. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I'm on day 6, using a stryofoam cooler and a light bulb, things are going well, will candle in the next couple of days, and post results on my page. GL everyone.

4. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Quote:Good luck hun and do let me know what your candled egg looks like. [​IMG]

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Hey there, I'm a newbie and I have 7 eggs in a homemade incubator. They are on day 2. This will be my first attempt at incubating and I have a question. The first night I put them in the bator the temp spiked to 106 f when I was asleep, I don't know for how long, but I'm afraid that all the eggs are now dead. My thermomete keeps track of the highs an the lows of the day, so that's how I knew it went to 106. Is there any way that the eggs are still viable? [​IMG]
    Sorry about the thread-jack

6. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I'm no expert but if the spike was only for a short time you may still be ok. You should candle soon to see whats going on.

7. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Hope someone knows the answer, my temp in my brinsea 40 is at a steady 38.7 since day 1. Today it went up to 38.0 is this ok? I opend the air vent a touch and it went back to 38.7.. Also i candled an egg yesterday and i thought my husband was putting the lid back on cos he was right behind me, i candled the egg for about 1 min and noticed the lid was off! The temp dropped to 32.0 [​IMG] i hope there all ok.

8. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    I think you're o.k. Air temperature will change more rapidly than the internal temperature of the eggs. Hens leave the nests for 10 minutes, or more.

9. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:Candle an egg from the fridge to use for comparison.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by