amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
Fill the Box Four S Exchange

"Four S" you say?

Spring/Summer Secret Swapper Exchange

The theme for this swap is anything related to Spring and Summer. Anything goes that in your mind relates to Spring and/or Summer. I'm thinking that you could even include hatching eggs, if you so choose, as long as your swapper has agreed that hatching eggs are fine with them.
HERE'S A KICKER: At least two items in the box must be ANY SORT of handmade item. (Cooked, beaded, crochet, knit, quilted, sewn, spinning, woodwork, painted....any type of item that was created by YOU).

This swap is open go guys and gals alike.

We are going to fill the medium Priority Mail Flat Rate box. The +/- $10 one size...the square one, not the "shirt" flat type one. The box doesn't have to be 'stuffed' full, so do allow for stuffing and bubble wrap, etc, for safe shipping of items.

This will be a secret exchange. Please include a card in your box identifying yourself to your swapper.

Anyone is allowed to join. PLEASE if you join, keep your commitment. If life deals you lemons and you can't get the lemonade made, please notify me (amyquilt), the exchange coordinator, immediately.

Due date to have your box mailed to your swapper is no later than April 30, 2009.

This is not a "cheap" swap, but when the idea came to mind, I thought it would be fun.

Here's a short questionnaire so your swap partner has a little info about you. Please copy it and paste it in your post when you sign up with your answers!

1. Do you like to garden? What is your growing zone?

2. Would you like to receive hatching eggs if your swapper wants to include them? IF YES, PLEASE CLARIFY TYPE OF EGGS (chicken, quail, duck, etc).

3. Vegetables, flowers or both? (something to plant? Cut flowers or canned goodies, jams, pickles?)

4. Plant starts, seeds, bulbs or any or none?

5. Your favorite colors are?

6. Are you a beach lover or land lover?

7. What does Spring and Summer mean to you?

Ok...If I have missed something, please let me know.

Also feel free to post on the thread with ideas and suggestions that come to your mind to help out those that want to swap but may have a hard time "getting going" with ideas.
thumbsup.gif

Participants:

1. amyquilt ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
2. tamsflock ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED
3. conny63malies ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
4. Pumpkinpup ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
5. Catalina ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED

7. kycklingar! ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED
8. havi ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
9. greenfamilyfarms ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
10. siz8003 ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED
11. jbowyer01 ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED & SHIPPED
12. justusnak ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED & SHIPPED
13. sarahs31 ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED
14. Fudgie ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED & SHIPPED
15. buckeye lady ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
16. southernhen ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED

18. HiDelight ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
19. Run-A-Muck Ranch ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
20. BeccaOH ~ address recd ~ RECEIVED & SHIPPED
21. gaeamama ~ address recd ~ SHIPPED & RECEIVED
22. 4hchknmama ~ address recd
23. 3 sisters farm ~ address recd

Last edited:
Of course I'm in.
ya.gif

Yes I love to garden. My zone is 7a

2. Would you like to receive hatching eggs if your swapper wants to include them? IF YES, PLEASE CLARIFY TYPE OF EGGS (chicken, quail, duck, etc).
Better not, I may end up divorced lol

3. Vegetables, flowers or both? (something to plant? Cut flowers or canned goodies, jams, pickles?)
Both, yes and absolutely!

4. Plant starts, seeds, bulbs or any?
Any

Red, Green and Yellow

land lover

Long days. Baby animals. Working in the garden and flowerbeds. Working on getting our new land ready to put our home on. Playing with our kids. Vacations to historical places. FAMILY. Glorious sunsets. Learning to pressure can and put food up for our family. Clotheslines. Listening to all the sounds of the seasons. Watching the kids play in the pool or water sprinkler. Sewing and crocheting when I have time in the evenings.

Last edited:
Okay Amy, ya caught my attention..
Yeah, I'm going to have to learn how to... lol zone 7
Sure! any, have done chickens and quail, hear duck is harder to hatch, but hey! always a first time..

3. Vegetables, flowers or both?
Pefer veggies.. flowers stink to me.. I'm learning the whole canning/pickling thing, but I do enjoy what little I know..But yes, I'd love to recieve someone else's stuff (and the recipe!)
4. Plant starts, seeds, bulbs or any or none?
uh... either.. dun matter
HA! easier to say, I like em all, even puce
Arghh matey's I be a land lubber!
Fresh starts, new beginnings, new memories to make, more to learn, a fun time to be alive and thankful for everything!

Last edited:
ah ok i am in. i will edit and add my questionaire later.
1. Do you like to garden? What is your growing zone? yes i do, but not a lot of room i think 5, figure northern Ohio , tomato ,peppers....seeds are always welcome espec, heritage

2. Would you like to receive hatching eggs if your swapper wants to include them? IF YES, PLEASE CLARIFY TYPE OF EGGS (chicken, quail, duck, etc).chicken any bantams no modern game or feather footed (because of the weather), EE or mutts are way cool

3. Vegetables, flowers or both?both i will share with my neighbor

4. Plant starts, seeds, bulbs or any or none? any

5. Your favorite colors are? my kitchen is red with green accents country style, pretty much country and apples, actually the whole house is country themed.

6. Are you a beach lover or land lover? land lubber eventhough i have lived in Florida 5 years

7. What does Spring and Summer mean to you? flowers bloom and baby animals
summer:hot

if you have any local foods that are only avialable in your neck of the woods i would love them. I will add some Tony Packos pickles to my package unless you are local and could buy them yourself.

Last edited:
Count me in too!!!
jumpy.gif

1) YES zone 7/8
2) eggs are good (no geese or quil please
smile.png
)
3) veggies mostly
4) Seeds or bulbs
5) Spring or Sage Green, Tangerine or Butter Yellow
smile.png

6) Land Lover
7)Spring means baby animals to cuddle and love, picnics in the woods, spring flowers and a time of renewal. Most of all a Time to be Thankful for the little pleasures in life!

Yes! I'm IN! I've missed all the other swaps
sad.png

This sounds like fun.

1. Do you like to garden? Yes, I love to garden
What is your growing zone? zone 4

2. Would you like to receive hatching eggs if your swapper wants to include them? IF YES, PLEASE CLARIFY TYPE OF EGGS (chicken, quail, duck, etc). No thank you.

3. Vegetables, flowers or both? (something to plant? Cut flowers or canned goodies, jams, pickles?) Yes, yes and yes!

4. Plant starts, seeds, bulbs or any or none? Any - love them all

5. Your favorite colors are? Green!! or purple or pink

6. Are you a beach lover or land lover? Land

7. What do Spring and Summer mean to you? Working outside in the garden. Dirt. No snow! Sitting in the sunshine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom