Filling the incubator 6-3-2011 Join me for my 1st attempt?

ran home for a min to check on the eggs.... 3 pips! the one that pipped this morning was bigger, I could see the little guys beak pecking at it.. maybe more when i get home... hubby works the next 48 hrs ....so it's chick TV for me!

Quote:
-hugs- Mine havent hatched yet either...
hugs.gif
fl.gif

well its still only day 20 here for me so im still hopeing i just checked no pips yet everything is calm and quiet but my temp was down to 97 in there but really humid its been rainning out side and plenty of water inthe lg my hydrometer is reading 82% ive got 12 eggs in there and out of them 11 i could see baby chicks moveing when they went into lock down im kinda hopeing that they might start hatching out late saterday night or on sunday so that the grand kids are here to see them i set the eggs at 6pm on a saterday so lets see what they do now im already lining up some more eggs to try out if this hatch doesent do good ive got 2 dozen black australorp eggs i can get next week that are only a 20 min drive from me so im going to keep trying to i learn as much as i can about hatching them out this is just my first try at it its a learning prosses so im going to try to learn as much as i can

ya.gif
Just came home from going out cause I couldn't sit on my hands anymore and found my first BCM sittin in the bator peepin his little head off!
jumpy.gif
I can't open it yet though because there are four more that have pipped!
barnie.gif
This is SERIOUSLY cool!

I'll post a pic of him in a second. And a very experienced hatcher told me that once they start hatching that you should keep an eye on your temp because their extra heat and running around can cause spikes and affect everyone in there. Guess I'm not going out to dinner now
gig.gif

One of my Marans has pipped and is making quick progress compared to how slow the cochins were. Now my dilemma is that one of the cochin chicks is already 24 hrs. old, plus spent 24 hours hatching and I really need to get it out so it can eat/drink. I think the Marans could be going on for another day or two.

I am considering steaming up my small bathroom and taking bator in to open it, but I am afraid to carry it through the house with the eggs loose in there. They'll surely all roll and bang around.

What to do? What to do?

Back
Top Bottom