filter

tracybaker

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2017
Hi
I am working in an animal laboratory cage as a janitor.
The problem is it is difficult to clean the cage. Dust from animal droppings is hard to remove and creates an unhealthy environment.

So I am thinking of an efficient way of removing the impurities from the cage. And it is important to maintain the health and comfort of those animals.

I have heard something called HEPA filters. What is the added advantage of that? Is that can be very useful? I am confused. Please provide some ideas. Thank you.

Hi
The problem is it is difficult to clean the cage. Dust from animal droppings is hard to remove and creates an unhealthy environment.

So I am thinking of an efficient way of removing the impurities from the cage. And it is important to maintain the health and comfort of those animals.

I have heard something called HEPA filters. What is the added advantage of that? Is that can be very useful? I am confused. Please provide some ideas. Thank you.
The dust is most likely not from the animal droppings. It is from the dander that is constantly being shed from the animals.

The advantage of the HEPA filters is the small size particulates that they remove from the air.

"To qualify as HEPA by US government standards, an air filter must remove (from the air that passes through) 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3 µm."

A proper sized HEPA filter should remove the "dust" and is likely to need the filter changed on a frequent basis. Most new air cleaners have an indicator light to show when the filter needs changed.

Last edited:
The dust is most likely not from the animal droppings. It is from the dander that is constantly being shyed from the animals.

The advantage of the HEPA filters is the small size particulates that they remove from the air.

"To qualify as HEPA by US government standards, an air filter must remove (from the air that passes through) 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3 µm."

A proper sized HEPA filter should remove the "dust" and is likely to need the filter changed on a frequent basis. Most new air cleaners have an indicator light to show when the filter needs changed.
Thank you for your information.

Hi

:welcomehello:frow

Back
Top Bottom