Finally! 1st Egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kidsnchicks, Sep 18, 2010.

1. kidsnchicks

kidsnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    Geesh, seems like we ahve been waiting for ever! Its good sized for a first egg, but kinda pale for brown egg layers but hay, it can't be perfect the first time right? lol Now hopefully the rest of the girls kick it up a notch and start too!

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Congrats!!

Missi

3. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    Quote:Congrats on your first egg. So exciting. How old is she and what breed.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats on the first egg!!!!

5. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Yeah !!!!!!!! The first egg is the best [​IMG]

6. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Congrats! Do you know who laid it? I get quite a few pale eggs...almost pink. I think they're beautiful.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congratulations on your first egg!!!! [​IMG]

8. 4luvofchickens

4luvofchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Northern NY
    Congrats!![​IMG]

9. kidsnchicks

kidsnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    We have no clue who it was,lol. We have RIR, Buff Orps, and Black Austerlorps. The kids are going crazy, they want to keep going out to check for more,lol. They hatched out April 21, give or take a day, so theyare about 20 weeks old or pretty close any way. Chicken math is already kicking in at our house too, my oldest is wanting some bantys for 4H, as soon as we get a set up ready we will try to get the chicks and since we will be getting chicks any way, I want to get a few more to add to my flock,lol! We also have a pair of ducks and my daughter wants some of them for 4H also. My husband isn't too keen on having to build more but we will talk him into it!

10. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Congrats on your first egg it is so satisfying. I also have to LOL about getting your hubby to build more coops . My DW & 2 DDs wanted to start raising rabbits I told them good luck I will have nothing to do with it. Now I can build a rabbit hutch in nothing flat LOL. Congrats on the egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by