FINALLY! A broody hen!!! YAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SouthernLady, May 16, 2010.

1. SouthernLady

SouthernLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Mississippi
    One of my little banty hens went broody last week and has been sitting on eggs in the pet carrier ever since. She gets out for a few minutes in the morning, eats, drinks and stretches her legs a bit and goes right back. This is our first and I'm so excited!!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have 4 broodys this year. [​IMG]

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I have 5 so far. I had to take some eggs away at day eighteen because some were fighting over same nest. When I brought them in I didn't think they'd hatch because some were cold. out of the 7 I placed in bator to hatch 6 have hatched. I finally got some porcelain duccles 2 hatch and they are feisty. Good luck

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Congratulations on your first broody! There is nothing on earth any cuter than a mother hen with her babies. (Also very easy on you, as she does all the work. [​IMG] )

I currently have one broody hen with 3 week old chicks, another with 4 day old chicks, a third sitting on eggs that should hatch tomorrow, and a fourth patiently waiting for shipped eggs to arrive.

[​IMG]

5. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Just hatched out 4 chicks from 2 broodys last week - let's just say.... I am getting NOTHING done as the cuteness factor is over the top watching mommy's with their chicks...showing them the way of chickendom....Our first time with all this and it is great fun! Congrats and enjoy the ride!!

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by