finally all happy together!

goobhen

Chicks Rule
13 Years
Dec 6, 2008
Indiana
wee.gif

I finally did it! I have three different age groups of chickens, 1 born in March, 17 born in April, 6 born in May. March and April chickens were mixed in together when I had them one month. The last 6 I bought at 6 weeks, I got them in July. I had them in my dog cage for a large breed dog. I would drag it out every day so the "babies" could eat grass etc. I made a temporary run for them. My DH then built a seperate run for them. I would drag in/out the dog cage. My DH got tired of watching me do this twice a day, so he made me a "baby coop". It was about 4x2x3, the chicks slept in it, have protection from the elements, and varmints. Finally after 2 months, we decided to open the door between the runs. Well the older chickens loved the"baby run, the younger girls would go over to the big run and go into the big coop. Every night though, the girls (all 6 of them) would go to their baby coop. For the last three nights I have been carrying all 6 girls into the big coop at night. Today we kept the baby coop closed, and guess what??? All 24 chickens were on the roosts in the big coop! I was so excited because now I only have two places to collect the eggs ! I did not think this day would ever come! Sorry so long, but I could not help myself!
Have a wonderful evening!! Theresa
smile.png

Thank you! Yes, it's great when it comes together. It is starting to get colder and I was worried about the snow, etc. Now that is not an issue for the "girls! They are so cute, they still follow me around, Theresa

Back
Top Bottom