Finally an external pip

davekrista

Songster
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Uxbridge, MA
OMG, I'm so excited, I FINALLY have an external pip. I was really losing hope and now I see a pip. And a 2nd one i think is working on it because you can hear the tapping on the shell....
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif
My kids will be off the bus soon and I have a feeling we will all be looking through the glass for most of the night.

Congratulations... it must be a relief after all you have been through with these eggs. -Your kids are going to love the experience of seeing them hatch. While they are watching...they can talk to the eggs too- it does help to encourage the ducklings to keep moving in the egg.

Wonderful, start getting your brooder fired up. It needs a little of bit of time to get the temperature right. Avoid those red heat lamps. Regular light bulbs will be fine. Enclose all 4 sides to avoid drafts and to keep the warmth and mess they will produce inside of it.

Quote:
Thanks. I was really getting discouraged and have learned so much from everyone here at BYC. You all help me stay sane. I pray the rest of the hatch goes smoothly.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Unfortunately both the older ones have a lot of homework due tomorrow so they haven't been able to look like they want to, so I am praying they will finish and are not in bed when they actually hatch.

Quote:
I had gotten things ready when I first went into lockdown, so everything is ready, aside from mixing the water and stuff. About how long do i need to wait from external pip? Almost looks like it is trying to start zipping, but hasn't gotten very far, maybe about an inch or so from where it originally pipped. Just need to decide if I should let my kids stay up late tonight (a school night) or if it will be way to late or not at all tonight but in the morning.

I'm so excited. Especially since I hopefully won't have to help.

See I told you not to lose hope!! Seems like the candling woke them up!! Mine did the exact same thing after candling, I woke them up and it's like it clicked "OH, I need to hatch!" Mine from external pip typical started zipping anywhere from 10-20hrs from external pip, it can take them once they zip anywhere from 1hr - 5hrs, that is how mine did it. OMG I'm so excited for you!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Gosh, that's great news!
fl.gif
for a great hatch. We need a duck smiley!
jumpy.gif

I've been trying to follow your hatch, but it's very difficult when you start a new thread almost every day. It would be much easier if you started one thread and stuck with it. As an example, you could have posted this whole process under Incubating & Hatching Eggs and titled it Duck Eggs Incubating and Hatching. You can edit the title as needed for changes and questions. Please don't take offense, it's just really hard to follow the whole hatch when it's a new thread for each question or update.

smile.png

That is what I did with my batch, "FUNNYBUNNIES LAST BATCH THREAD". That way everyone was able to follow and subscribe if they wanted. It even made it easier for me to go back on for advise and suggestions if I needed find an answer to something.

Back
Top Bottom