Finally caught it on camera!

busyteacher

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
Well we got our game camera set up after losing some chickens and we finally caught some pictures of it. Turns out our guess was right as to what got the chickens. Now to get rid of it!

101984_prms0058.jpg

101984_prms0061.jpg

101984_prms0062.jpg

This last one worries me the most since it was taken at 7:04AM! Usually our chickens are out at that time, but that day we got over there late. We got lucky that morning. After seeing this we keep them penned inside until around 9AM.

Our chickens are kept at our in-laws place and they are insisting that we trap and re-locate the cat. Has anyone had a pleasant experience with trapping such an animal? My husband personally just wants to shoot it and get it over with. What's the best way to get rid of this animal?

Is that a bobcat? I know we have a few around here, but I've only seen one while it crossed the road. It's the only thing that I've heard in my woods that really scared me. Literally sent chills up my spine. Looks like it's time to do a little hunting...

Yep it's a bobcat. We actually saw it one night right after the raid on our chickens. It had come back for more! My husband was startled to see it and got a shot off but didn't hit it. Hopefully he can get out there soon. These were a couple of days ago and we haven't gotten anymore yet but I am sure we will.

Relocating predators is against the law in most states. Call your local animal control and ask what the laws are in your area. If it was me, I'd SSS. Tell your in-laws you relocated it - just don't tell them it's new location is underground!

Well I am not willing to carry the trap around with that thing live in there! I have a friend who it game warden one county over so I am going to ask him what the best way to deal with it is and hope he says shoot. That will be enough to convince them I think!

I think it depends on where you live, I know that where I live in Az wildlife can be shot and killed for killing or attacking livestock. Personally I would call your local game and fish and see if they can come and set up a trap and relocate it, just remember that cats like this have a large territory and if it is not relocated far enough it may come back, however if you are allowed to shoot and kill it then it is up to you. I am sure with being prepared and ready your husband could bag it, that's what my hubbie would do. Then he would mount it
tongue.png
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom