Finally, Chickens are legal

Did you get your permit based on being a part of a 4h program or a similar program? Or did you just apply for the permit to raise these hens for your personal use? Please clarify. Thank you.

I was smack in the middle of this debate and had a news crew at my house (following a city council meeting where I actually took one of my hens in a Pet carrier to prove how quiet they really are) lololol. Anyways, to clear up questions about the permit requirements for regular families keeping hens (NOT 4-H)...... Permits were only given to people who already had hens at the time the ordinance was rewritten, and I had to sign an affidavit swearing that I currently had hens as of a specific date before they would issue a permit to me. Anyone who got a permit after that small window of time must have gotten someone at the city who was new and didn't know what they were doing. I believe there was only a 90 day period following the new ordinance where we could apply for a permit. Permits have to be renewed every 5 years (and I'm sure they are hoping people forget to renew and lapse)!!!

Questions? Email me at [email protected]

Cathy

Hello,

Do you still own chickens in Bellevue? My spouse and I are in Bellevue and are going through the process of getting our permit, buying a coop, and choosing where to get chicks from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steph

Back
Top Bottom