Finally done.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pierce652, Jun 14, 2008.

1. pierce652

pierce652 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    Well after I dont know how many weekends and some vacation time in between I finally finished the run today. All the wire is up and cemented into the ground. The door to the run, which I thought Id have a heck of a time with, turned out to be pretty easy. I placed the door there so it can be switched to the other end of the run since I have a feeling I will be removing a wall of the house and adding on someday soon.

Of course after I finished putting down the cement I sat and admired my handy work. Looking up at the big oak tree about 20 feet away I notice a huge limb hanging over the run...dead as a doornail. Just one more thing to worry about. [​IMG]

All in all I figure I put about $150 into the project. I got the house free and had to purchase one sheet of plywood, a bit of paint, hinges, hardware cloth a feeder and waterer.

Id also like to thank everyone here for thier insight and pictures...there is no way I would have even known where to start without them.

One last time I will set the link to the start to finish pictures. Tomorrow hopefully we get the girls.

http://community.webshots.com/album/563796585gBBfWq?vhost=community&start=24

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    thanks for the pics, always like coop and run pics. Im still unsure how Im going to make the run as I dont have alot of $ to spend on it but I like the ones like yours.

3. tomstephens

tomstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    Looks great. How many chickens will you have? looks like about enough space for 4-6?

4. pierce652

pierce652 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    Were planning on 4...possibly 5 if they are bantams

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by