Finally gonna do this Chicken thing!

SheaLoner

Crowing
Feb 27, 2020
Upstate Ny
Hey all! 😊 I've been dreaming and planning on chickens for years now, Finally have a spot to keep them(sorta). So I'm giving it a try this year.
The town I'm stuck in may have some old codes allowing hens and a coop, such and such distance away from any dwelling, but the codes enforcer is of the opinion of No livestock period. Rabbits included. He actually said he better not find me raising some in my basement. . . Yeah.

I may not have followed that. But rabbits are one thing, chickens are another. And less easily hidden.

My dad moved close a few years back. Outside of town to the familys' original homestead. And this year I've gotten permission to keep chickens up there! Finally!
Planning on a run or 2 of meat birds in a hoop coop and going to attempt a group of free range with a chick shaw. Will probably fail horribly but live and learn.

Hey all! 😊 I've been dreaming and planning on chickens for years now, Finally have a spot to keep them(sorta). So I'm giving it a try this year.
The town I'm stuck in may have some old codes allowing hens and a coop, such and such distance away from any dwelling, but the codes enforcer is of the opinion of No livestock period. Rabbits included. He actually said he better not find me raising some in my basement. . . Yeah.

I may not have followed that. But rabbits are one thing, chickens are another. And less easily hidden.

My dad moved close a few years back. Outside of town to the familys' original homestead. And this year I've gotten permission to keep chickens up there! Finally!
Planning on a run or 2 of meat birds in a hoop coop and going to attempt a group of free range with a chick shaw. Will probably fail horribly but live and learn.
Egg shaped welcome.jpg

I suppose the name is Wrong if the code enforcer is not actually enforcing existing codes!

Good job on getting permission to keep them out of town

Back
Top Bottom