Finally got my Flock

sccoterny

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2016
Sidney, Ny
Ive been reading along on this site for any info that i had questions on before making the plunge. I have a cabin on my property and built a coop, hutches, perch over the last few weeks. I added 100 sq ft run and finally today i made it to my buddies farm auction and loaded up. I purchased 10 IPA Browns, 4 Plymoth Rocks, and two old leghorns to save them from someones dinner table for $1.00 each.
The older gals have seemed to take control of the flock and they seem to be adjusting, 2 of the browns are a little agressive but have simmered and as the sun went down they all retired to the coop. One even left me a brown egg.
Fed and watered i think this day was successful, I work at a feed mill so the scratch feed and layer mash will be flowing.
Thanks to all for the helpful information in which i used as reference to get this project off the ground.

Congratulations on your new flock, and Welcome to Backyard chickens. Glad you joined us
celebrate.gif

Thanks for the welcomes.
This morning at 5am I tossed some scratch feed in the run. Everyone came out looking rested and began their day. The coops a little messy so ill clean that tonight. Im using pine shavings on the coop floor. Seemed to work pretty good. I think the gals look pretty comfortable. I named to two giant old leghorns Rose and Gert.

Back
Top Bottom