Finally got our chicken hobby going!

Peeperscreepers

Songster
Apr 3, 2018
Peidmont-ish NC, us
Hello all,
I was doing some reading on our new found chicken hobby and Google directed me here to the experts. I found a bunch of GREAT info and decided our chickens definitely needed this site in our life. Haha.
My husband and I have been wanting chickens for quite some time. We live in the Piedmont area of NC so we don't have alot of hatcheries around not that I could find anyways and really I didn't know where to go to get started then I went into tsc and low and behold they were having chick days so I took the plunge and got 4 RIR 3 mixed bantam, 3 Wyandotte, and a couple other layers I forgot the name currently and after getting those home I caught the chicken bug. I needed more. Haha. I struggled through 2 pasty butts with your help here and managed to keep them all alive so far (a little over a week) So I then decided to order a few (15) from cackle coming April 7th. I hope I made a good choice going with cackle. The main deciding factor was the shipping limit was 10 less than other hatcheries. So off went my husband to build a coop with a leftover dog run. It isn't finished yet but so far so good. I think my next venture will be goats and beekeeping but that's aways away. Still have learning to do with chickens. Anyways I wanted to pop in and introduce myself. And thanks in advance for your knowledge, help, and answering all my stupid questions.

:welcome

Congrats on your expanded flock! Better get that coop done asap...those little chicks don't stay little very long (and take lots of pictures).

Here's a link to your state thread if you'd like to chat with other members in NC:
North Carolina

Thanks for joining us!

G'Day from down under Peeperscreepers :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. While not specific to your situation, these two on integration may be of assistance:
Topic of the Week - Integrating Chicks into an Adult Flock
Topic of the Week - Adding New Chickens to the Flock

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You may also be interested in these links:

Back
Top Bottom