Finally, got some chickens again..

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
We had to rehome all my chickens a few weeks ago when we left SA. It was heartbreaking for me, as I raised them all from chicks and had some of them for quite a long time.
We've rented a house, moved in and ordered a coop, which took 2 weeks to come
barnie.gif
. The feed store's website said 2 DAYS... But anyway. The coop arrived this morning and I bought 6 hens at market. According to the seller they are Silver and brown Leghorns, a RIR, a cross breed and a Blue Bell. Aren't they gorgeous?
smile.png
It's so nice to have chickens again!

I'm just so happy to have chickens again! I'm still thinking of and missing my old flock (who went to my friend and new member Blackie1), but it's great to hear some chicken noises again and to just sit and watch them. The seller said they are 5.5 months old and I can tell they are young. They may surprise me with an egg or 2 soon, but so far they have pale combs and the days are so short now. It's dark by 17:30! I'm not going to rush them though. Their company's enough for me now. I'm going to spend some time tomorrow just talking to them and getting to know them (and letting them get to know me).
I also need to name them, but I'm completely blank. Any suggestions, anyone?

Melabella sounds like a nice name....he he he....

Congratulations Sumi! SO happy you will have the company of some nice girls. They look so nice and healthy! You will probably have eggs before me!

Keep the pictures coming!

How about Zenyatta for one? I also like Kate...

Sumi momma!! I am sooooo happy for you and the family!
love.gif

I love them!!!! i wanna see the coop too!! demanding aren't I?? what predators do u have over there?

Back
Top Bottom