Finally got the new coop finished! **(PICS)**

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
After my old, small coop burned down.. We built another coop. But the sad thing is, there were chickens still in the coop once it burned down, only 3 of my 7 made it out okay and are still alive today. But I'm so loving my new coop..

This is the door side. Of course, this was a door that was sitting in the attic. Where it is red and like a grid on the door, that was yellow. Very tedious work trying to paint that. I'm no artist. & Nesting boxes will go on this side, later on in the summer.
59649_100_6299.jpg

Opposite side from door, window on this side. Pictures further down with window open.
59649_100_6300.jpg

Roost to sleep. Which my 3 hens won't use!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
somad.gif
It makes me mad, but I will get over it. As you can see here in this picture, I'm using crates for nesting boxes.
59649_100_6328.jpg

Had to separate baby chicks from big hens, so there would be no friction. So chicken wire straight across!
59649_100_6330.jpg

I guess while I was taking pictures on this rainy & muggy day. [That's why the pictures don't look so happyish, I guess. LOL!] I forgot to get the eggs.
59649_100_6331.jpg

This is a picture of the little door they come out, & another window. I used a old t-shirt to make a flap so it won't be so breeezzzy, when it's cold outside..
59649_100_6337.jpg

This is a picture of the opposite side of the door, with the window open.
59649_100_6338.jpg

That's all the pictures I have for now. Hope you like it! I probably should have posted this in the chicken coop contest...
roll.png

Thanks guys! I've always wanted to paint something that was barn red. Well we for to lowes, my color I chose was FLAME! haha
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I love it
did you create the plans for it yourself or did you use a plan?
what are the dimensions?
its beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom