Finally hatching count 15...UPDATED WITH PICS...

I HAVE A PIP! just came home from college world series and checked the eggs. i gto a pip on day 18 on one of the silkies!!! YEAH!! hatch baby hatch
jumpy.gif

Good luck to all you guys!!!
yippiechickie.gif
It is sooooooo exciting!!!! These hatch buddy threads are the best....don't think I would have survived my hatch without it last time (my first hatch)!!! Now I am on day 12 and getting more nervous by the day!!!
th.gif

Too bad I am not close, oldtimegator.....White Leghorns are some of my favorite and I would buy your babies in a heartbeat!!!

I got 16 Dominique eggs that were on day 18 sunday night @ 7:00pm I candled them and had 2 eggs I'm not sure of, but I got notes on them. This my 3rd week hatching these Dominique eggs got 13 outta 16 first week
ya.gif
; then 15 outta 18 second week
ya.gif
; and I have 16 in the hatcher now
ya.gif
, all were shipped eggs too.
wee.gif
Im still excited!
ya.gif
82% hatch rate!

Last edited:
OK..it's now day 19. I don't have any moving eggs, no pips and no sounds. Should I have a pip by now? I know that all were moving in their shells when I closed down the bator yesterday morning. There is PLENTY of ventilation, humidity is 68-71% and I haven't opened it since closing yesterday.

When do they usually pip?

Gator is according to what your temps were during incubation if they were on the high side they will hatch early, if they were on the low side they will hatch later. But listen to this last week my 2nd round started Monday nite late! and didnt end till Friday early actually I was going to toss the last 2 eggs then I cracked one to check and it was alive and we saved it, the other was dead. But I had a good hatch.
old.gif

My temps were a challenge for me with this homemade bator. I would say they were on the high side since I had a few high swings...but there were times when it would drop to 97 too.

My new homemade bator is made from a Rubbermaid cooler and I swear I NEVER have to touch the dimmer. It is rock solid on 99-100.

After this current hatch I'm going to disassemble the styrofoam one and replace it with a larger Rubbermaid.

ep.gif
the pip is huge now!!! i can see a beak peeping at me!! its beak is through both membranes but the rest of its body is still in the 2nd membrane. what do i do now??? humidity is 69-74%

Back
Top Bottom